Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Friday, August 5, 2011

Tortilla Crusted Fish

This is a nice change from the standard baked fish, sort of a Mexican twist! A few years back, one of the supermarkets was selling already prepared Tortilla Crusted Tilapia and it was pretty good. I decided I wanted to make it myself so that I could prepare it without a special trip to the store, it was pretty darn easy to duplicate! :)


Crush up some tortilla chips, I had white corn on hand this time.
I season with my homemade House Seasoning and some dried cilantro. It is so hot here that the cilantro bolted a LOOONG time ago!



Place the fish on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush with some butter or olive oil. Pile the crushed tortilla chips over the fish and season to taste. Drizzle with some lime juice and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.




To complete the Mexican theme, I cooked up some spicy pinto beans and some Swiss chard from the garden cooked very simply in some olive oil with a little salt and some crushed red pepper flakes.

6 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh...that looks so good!

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful piece of inspiration you're passing on here! Thank you! I love fish, especially Salmon!!! A nice new twist I'll be sure to try. I'm sure to love it! Thanks! And thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Love hearing from you!

Candy C. said...

Kristina,

Thanks for visiting, hope you get to try the fish!

Candy C. said...

TASO,

Thanks for visiting here in the southern part of the state! :) I always love seeing all of the pictures of your garden and your boys always look so proud of 'their' stuff! :)

Unknown said...

Great idea! I made some similar beans recently, might try that on chicken!

Candy C. said...

Nancy,

I have never actually tried it on chicken, I can see that in my future now! :)