Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Monday, September 10, 2012

Snapshot And A Song - 09/10/2012

LeAnne at Photos By LeAnne has a fairly new meme going called Snapshot & A Song. I have been thinking and thinking of what I could do to play along. Last week, I was going through some old "stuff" and came across my tambourine, which made me think of the song by The Oakridge Boys, "Ya'll Come Back Saloon," words and music by Sharon Vaughn. This is one of my favorite songs by The Oakridge Boys so I figured it was fate! :)


Boy-howdy did I have fun putting this picture together! I did it all with Pixlr. I created a layer with the lyrics and superimposed that over the photo of my tambourine; which, by the way, has a picture on it that I didn't want in this case, so I played around until I figured out how to airbrush out the picture! Woo-hoo!! I gave the tambourine photo a few tweaks with the "old photo" effect and messed with the brightness and hue until I was happy with it. Fun, fun, fun!! :)

I'm also linking up with Tones On Tuesday this week.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you did well making the tambourine a blank slate for the lyrics. :)

LeAnne said...

Oh I remember hearing this song on the car radio lots growing up. Great composition and the tambourine does make a great background for the lyrics. Thanks so much for participating in Snapshot & A Song!!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I was hoping you would be singing your song! I love the photo.

Anonymous said...

You are getting so good with the editing! It is fun.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Very nice.

Stephanie said...

Very nicely done.

A Colorful World said...

Awesome! What a great song! And you did a wonderful job with this!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow great job I really have to try creative stuff like that you make it look so easy:) I am sure it is not. B

Susan said...

You could do this as a profession! That is terrific!

Unknown said...

You did a great job on this.
Perfect processing.

Julie Willis said...

Hi, I saw your comment on a another site about cordialmaking. I've been them for a couple of years but have never tried cranberry. Would you mind sharing your recipe? Specifically the procedure for the berries. Do you prick them, cook them until the pop etc.
Blessings
Julie