Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Random 5 Sunday


Joining Nancy for Random 5 Friday Saturday Sunday. Okay, okay, I know I'm two days behind but I got busy! ;)

1.  I wanted to share with ya'll how cute the neighbor boys were for Halloween! They are the only Trick or Treaters we ever get and I always enjoy seeing the creative costumes their mom comes up with. Landon was a rodeo clown/bull fighter and Caden was a tourist. The detail of their costumes was amazing!

2.  We had a GREAT time in New Mexico a couple of weeks ago! We really enjoyed visiting with our friends and the Lincoln County Cowboy Symposium was a lot of fun! We got to see a Craig Cameron horse training seminar and performances by Red Steagall and The Texas Playboys.

3.  Unfortunately, Jerry ended up catching the flu while we were there and passed it along to me! He started feeling bad on the drive home and I was two days behind him. It took us a little over two weeks to get completely over it but we are both feeling better now.

4. We had a skunk hanging around last week eating all of the barn kitties food every night. It sprayed Red Dog twice. Thankfully, not too badly and we were able to get rid of most of the smell with a couple of home remedies. We put out a trap and "got" it on the second night.

5.  Last Saturday was my last day at the Farmer's Market. I can start receiving early retirement payments from my old aerospace industry job so I retired! I almost feel guilty about it...I only worked for the company for 11 years and I left in 1991. You will notice I said I almost feel guilty, mostly because I will be getting about the same amount of money each month as I was earning baking full-time for the Farmer's Market. :)

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

gosh, i'm almost going to miss the torture of seeing your baked goods at the market now and then! :)

the neighbor boys are adorable! glad you got the skunk - and got over the FLU!

Jan said...

The boys are handsome and I love their costumes. So, sorry to hear about the flu, yuck. Glad you're both better. I worked for an automotive co. for a little over 7 years, in the '80s, they've now gone out of business, so, I was pleasantly surprised to start receiving a pension when I turned 65. Life is good!

Nancy said...

Hey, you can't be old enough to get a pension from anywhere! Lol.

Love those costumes --- homemade ones are the best.

Hope you are feeling much better -- the flu is no fun at all.

Willow said...

I love when they wear home made creative costumes too.

Maggid said...

I'm glad you are feeling better . . but, golly - i wish none of us ever had to be sick.

Those are WAY CUTE trick or treaters.

I hope Red Dog is okay . . too bad skunks aren't a bit more like cats . . .

Love & Love to YOU!!!

Lin said...

I love to see kids being creative again with their costumes. I hate the store-bought ones.

We've had a lot of skunks here too the past two summers. While we haven't been at the receiving end of their visits, we can tell they've been around by the smell.

Anonymous said...

Candy,

We haven't had Trick-or-Treaters for years. We live too far in the country, there are not very many kids and there are activities in town for Halloween. I would treat these nice looking boys with extra sweets!

Glad to hear you got of the farm and had a fun trip and visit to New Mexico. It's too early for the flu. If you get it out of the way early maybe you will be good for the rest of the season.

Congratulations on your retirement! Very exciting news for you. What will you do to fill in all your "extra time?" Just kidding, I know you will keep as busy as you wish and relax with a smile and no guilt.

Ida said...

We don't get a lot of kids anymore (only 25 this year). Your neighbor boys looked very cute in their costumes.
Sorry to hear you caught the flu, that is never fun.
A skunk - pee yew!
Enjoy your retirement.

Michelle said...

It must be going around. We went back home for two weeks to go hunting. Rick got sick,so I had to drive the 12 hour trip back home. By the time we got home I was so tired. I thought it was from the drive. Nope, Rick was kind enough to let me share in his misery. It took me two weeks to get over it.

Lynn said...

glad you are over the flu-and happy retirement..

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I am so happy you are feeling better. The costumes are great. Retirement from the market is not going to effect those lovely "I always drool all over my keyboard" recipes and photos is it? Congrats on the retirement I am really happy for you. Hug B

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sorry to hear Jerry got sick. Yay for retirement.

Tanya Breese said...

ha they look cute....so sorry you guys were sick :( a lot of that is going around, ugh!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the retirement! Enjoy it. I hate when the dogs smell like skunk.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I'm glad you both are feeling better! Sounds like the flu took you out for a while. I'm glad Red Dog wasn't sprayed too badly. Yuck! And congrats on the retirement! That's awesome :)

A Colorful World said...

Neat news! About the retirement I mean, though I think you will miss the Farmer's Market! But glad you are going to be drawing some retirement pay! Sorry to hear you and Jerry were sick. I haven't heard from you (nor have you heard from me!!!) and I thought I might be able to see you some time after my company left. Well, she's been gone nearly three weeks now, and mostly I have been sewing like crazy (and not blogging as you are aware!) I am disgusted with my photo issues, and badly want to share the pics from my trip but haven't been able to.I want to get that resolved soon! Oh, the "home remedy" for the skunk spray...was it peroxide and baking soda with a little Dawn mixed in? I heard that works great.