Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Friday, November 22, 2013

Pecan Spice Waffles with Molasses Cinnamon Syrup


Heaven...I'm in heaven... :)

I have been making these Pecan Spice Waffles/Pancakes using my Baking Mix for a couple of years now but teaming them up with this Molasses Cinnamon Syrup sends them right over the top! I found the recipe for the syrup here. The combination of flavors is perfect for the Holidays!

The pancake/waffle mix also makes a nice gift. Just put the dry ingredients into a baggie and then put that down into a fabric bag or gift bag and include a tag with the directions for making the pancakes or waffles. Pair it up with a jar of this homemade syrup for an extra special, homemade gift anytime of year.

Pecan Spice Pancakes/Waffles

1 1/2 cups Baking Mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (find the recipe at the end of this post)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon oil (for waffles only)

In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Ladle onto a lightly greased, hot griddle for pancakes or a preheated waffle iron for waffles. Feel free to add a little more milk if the batter seems too thick.

Makes five 6-inch round waffles.

Molasses Cinnamon Syrup

1/2 cup demerara sugar (or brown sugar)
1/4 cup molasses
6 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon salted butter

In a small saucepan, heat together the sugar, molasses, water and cinnamon over medium heat. Bring to a low boil and continue stirring until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Cool slightly. Transfer to a pitcher for serving or a glass jar for storing. Keep refrigerated and use within two weeks.

Makes a little over 3/4 cup of syrup.

Linking up with Farmgirl Friday and What I Am Eating.

19 comments:

Lynn said...

I shall try this waffle recipe-I recently found a bottle of Canadian maple syrup, they'd be a good combo for Sunday morning brunch. this look delicious!

Buttons Thoughts said...

So how long will it take you to get here in my kitchen this looks so yummy I was just going to have toast. Hhmm :) Hug B

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You just gave me another great breakfast idea for us. Looks so good too.

Sandra said...

these look very good!
I love baking mixes :)

Anonymous said...

I think I gained five pounds just reading the title of this post. Yummy! I really want to try that syrup.

Evelyn S. said...

I so admire anyone who cooks from scratch! Wow, Candy...these look so delicious!

Alica said...

Oh, these look and sound delicious! That's a great idea for gifting, too!

Lynn said...

This sounds like an amazing breakfast! I especially like the syrup, molasses is so good:@)

Maggid said...

YUMMERS!!!!

I haven't had a waffle (or pancake) in a long time - and haven't thought anything of it - until now . . .

Lovely!

Carole said...

Whoa - I now have a craving for waffles! Hope all is fine with you Candy.

Unknown said...

Oooh those sound fantastic! Would it be wrong to eat them at 9PM? :)

Anonymous said...

...MMMM, those look great! :-D I printed your recipe, thank you!

Check out my blog sometime,...

Judy said...

Oh my goodness Candy I'm drooling over here. Now I'm off to make breakfast.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Now I need someone to cook them all up for me. What a great way to spend the morning, a fire in the fireplace keeping the house cozy, a nice steamy cup of coffee and waffles! It doesn't get much better.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Woah, these look amazing! I could go for a few of these right now :)

Anne Payne said...

wow, these look amazingly delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

...MMMM those look really good, I love waffles. I printed your recipe, thank you,

A Colorful World said...

Another fantastic-sounding recipe! I LOVE homemade waffles!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i am going to write this recipe down. it looks delicious!! thank you for sharing with us. have a happy weekend! take care. ( :

www.elizardbreathspeaks.com/