Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Friday, January 1, 2016

Friday's Hunt 1/1/2016

I'm joining Teresa at Eden Hills for the kick-off of her new meme, Friday's Hunt! This week's prompts are Starts with A, Week's Favorite and Celebrate.

For Starts with A and Week's Favorite I'm sharing a photo of our new Ameraucana rooster. He was the "bonus" chick in an order of Red Sex Link chicks my friend and I got last fall. Isn't he handsome? He kept running away from me but I'm going to work on getting a better picture of him to frame. :)


For Celebrate I'm sharing a picture of the treasures I found at the secondhand store this week. The Corning Ware casserole dish is from the very early 1960s and is called Pyroceram. I had never seen this type before with the solid lid. I felt it was probably a pretty good buy at $12!!  :)


Thanks Teresa for starting this new meme! Hopefully, it will encourage me to start blogging again...at least once a week!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for joining in. That rooster is definitely a handsome fellow! Looks like you got quite the bargain at the thrift store.

Alica said...

What a handsome rooster! He would look great in a frame!

Lea said...

He is handsome!
Happy New Year!
Lea

EG CameraGirl said...

That IS a handsome rooster! (By coincidence I will be posting a rooster tomorrow on my blog.) I like the Corning Ware and - like you - I have never seen a solid lid. I have a smaller version of yours with a glass lid and I use it a LOT so I'm thinking $12 was a very good buy.

Unknown said...

So glad to see you back blogging!!! Handsome rooster there :)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Yes that is quite a handsome guy you've got there, let alone all your finds!...:)JP

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Coveting that old bowl!
Love, love what you've chosen. :)

Anonymous said...

The corningware is beautiful, and those salt and pepper shakers are super cute! :)

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love that rooster!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow nice to see you my friend. Friday Hunt is going to be fun. He is very handsome indeed. I love your finds. HUGs and Happy New Year. B

brokenteepee said...

He is a beauty. All of the roosters we ever got as bonus chicks were pretty boys. I love that old corning ware - lucky you!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love your treasures you found. The rooster bowl is my favorite.

Linda said...

What a handsome rooster and I love your thrift store finds. I'm visiting from the Friday Hunt.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I really like the chicken bowl!!

Unknown said...

Happy 2016, Candy!

Oh good Second Hand finds. I have a few kitchen things with the chicken print. I think my Mom has that bowl and I always think about stealing it from her.

Fun S and P shakers!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Your rooster is quite a handsome dude. I wonder when Corning Ware started making the casseroles with clear tops.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Tanya Breese said...

oh i love your find! i love when i score on old dishes like the corning ware and pyrex! your rooster is handsome :) happy new year candy!

Ida said...

Nice looking Rooster! My mom still has some of those dishes (the blue/white ones.)

Susan said...

Candy! It's so nice to hear from you again! That is a beautiful rooster. Great buys at the thrift store; I've never seen the solid lid, either.

Mama Pea said...

I have a set of three of the Corningware casserole dishes that look just like yours, but with the see-through glass lids. Have never seen the lid to match the casseroles. If your salt and pepper shakers ever go "missing", they may be in my kitchen! ;o) I love them.

Good to see you starting to blog again. I look forward to more posts!