Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Baby For The Grandbaby


The granddaughter is turning two next month and she LOVES her baby dolls so grandmommy decided to make her a rag doll. I had a pattern back in the 80s for a primitive rag doll like this. The thing I always liked about the pattern was the way the hair was done; strips of fabric either torn or cut with pinking shears, tied in a knot and then sewn or hot glued on. I don't have the patience to sew all those "hairs" on so I opt for the hot glue gun. It's kinda hard on the fingers but it's a lot quicker. ;)


She also loves her books so I made her one of those soft books from a preprinted fabric panel I had picked up at Walmart not long after she was born. I have been waiting until she is old enough to enjoy it and now she is!! :)



What crafty things have you been up to?

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the doll is cute but i love the fabric book idea!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cute and clever ideas. I'm still crocheting seat cushions for the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful! She's certain to treasure them. I'm soaping!

Carolyn said...

What a great doll for your granddaughter! I LOVE the hair :)

Mama Pea said...

What a PERFECT doll for a toddler. And I, too, think that idea for the "hair" is adorable. I may steal that idea!

My half-done (sigh) latest project is a new "Welcome" sign (quilted) for next to the door on our enclosed porch.

Susan said...

I love the doll! It's perfect for a two year-old and I bet it will be well-loved. Such a great idea, those soft books. My mother started us out on soft books and we are all avid (or rabid) readers. I am afraid I have too many started-not-close-to-finished projects to admit to.

Alica said...

Home made gifts from Grandma are the best!! I love the doll, especially!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

How cute!! I have wanted to make on of those books and wondered how they would turn out. I really like it.

A Colorful World said...

How adorable! Love the rag doll! I haven't made that doll yet that I bought the pattern for but will soon. Been so busy making a baby quilt & some other things that I posted the "starts" on piece-fulness, my quilting blog. If you haven't had a chance to check that out, go by when you can.

The book is so cute, too. I know she's going to love both!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh it is so nie to see you back on here my friend you were missed. Your Grandbaby is very lucky to have such talent in you. Hug B

Michelle said...

Very cute gifts that can be keepsakes.

SweetLand Farm said...

Cute little doll. I've actually picked up my knitting needles and been working on 4 baby blankets for some friends!

Unknown said...

Just so cute! You could sell those :)

Diana said...

So sweet, I bet she loves them! I've been making hexies.