Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Blueberry Coffeecake


This luscious blueberry coffeecake is bursting with blueberries and the sour cream in the batter makes it extra moist and tender. There is also a lovely, buttery streusel topping to give it a little crunch. This is one of my favorite recipes to take when we go to Tombstone to the Art Gallery meetings. It is always a big hit! I hope you give it a try.

Cake
2 1/2 cups Baking Mix               **Click here to print this recipe**
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup melted butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Streusel Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Baking Mix
4 tablespoons cold butter cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.

For topping, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and Baking Mix, cut in butter until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine Baking Mix and sugar. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla, mix well. Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix just until moistened. Batter will be thick. Spread batter into prepared pan. Spread blueberries evenly over the batter, press in gently if desired. Sprinkle topping over blueberries.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

This is really lovely served warm but it is also good left over the next day. :)

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yum!

Tanya Breese said...

oh i'm on my way right over! by the way, glad to see you back!

thewovenspoke said...

Mmmmm.... sounds good.

Michelle said...

This is going be my Sunday dessert.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wow! Looks wonderful!

Liz said...

This looks really good! I love sweet treats with my morning coffee. I have been having a hard time finding blueberries around here lately. Hopefully I still have some stashed in the freezer.

Susan said...

Oh, my goodness! This sounds so good - not to mention that it looks delicious, too! I will have to see if I can come up with a GF equivalent.

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

You always starve me to death! This looks so delicious!

A Colorful World said...

Gotta try this recipe and the last!