Sunday, June 16, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
2. It is HOT here. It has been over 100 degrees every day for the past week and they are predicting over 100 for the next five to seven days too. Blech.
3. When it is hot like this, I don't feel like cooking or eating very much. There have been lots of sandwich nights recently and we will be having a big salad for supper tonight.
4. I finally joined Sam's Club last month to save money on my baking supplies for the Farmer's Market. I can't believe what a difference it has made! Now I feel silly that I waited so long! LOL!!
5. Smirnoff has a new (to me anyway) Blueberry & Lemonade malt beverage out that has become my new favorite summer 'beer!' :)
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Taking a quick break from my baking to join Nancy for Tuesday Muse and Patrice for Chats on the Farmhouse Porch, which is under the big crabapple tree this week. :)
1. How many times a week do you have a green or veggie salad?
Two to three times a week. I would like to have them more often but it isn't Jerry's favorite thing. ;)
2. Do you pray? (You may skip this if you do not wish to answer.)
Hmmm...not in the traditional sense...
3. What season is your birthday? You do not need to give us the date.
4. Do you have dinner guests often, every now and then or not at all? Wendell says he can be there for dinner as quick as a wink!
We very, very rarely have dinner guests, like once or twice a year. We do go out to dinner with friends about once a month though.
Wendell, I'm not so sure I could afford to have you stop by for dinner; I have heard you eat like a HORSE!!
5. Could you describe yourself as a DIY- Do It Yourselfer?
Yes! I absolutely hate to pay someone to do something that I figure I can do myself. Most of the time it works! LOL!!
Friday, June 7, 2013
1. I love my purple irises and have been wanting some yellow ones for awhile. My "neighbor" at the Farmer's Market had some lovely, fragrant yellow iris plants for Mother's Day so I bought myself some.
2. We are off to The City today for a major, scheduled car maintenance. We have to be there at 8 AM so I had Bob cat get me up at 4:15.
3. Actually, Bob cat gets us up around 4:15 EVERY morning. (sigh)
4. It's been over a week since I have had time to do a blog post and I'm behind in my blog reading too. I hope to get caught up with everyone in the next few days.
5. Oh yeah, we became grandparents last week!! Jerry's son and his girlfriend had a lovely little girl, JayCee Bella, on May 29th. Jerry made a quick trip up to Flagstaff to meet her and we will both be going in a couple of weeks. The only pictures I have so far are blurry cell phone shots but will be taking lots and lots when we go up. You have been warned!! :)
Joining Nancy for Random 5 Friday.