Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch - 11/26/2013

 

1.     If you are celebrating Thanksgiving, what are looking most forward to on Thursday?

Spending a quiet day with Jerry. Oh, and the FOOD!! ;)

2.  My favorite Thanksgiving dish is _________________.

The pumpkin pie. I usually only make one or two a year so I really enjoy it while I can.

3.     Do you ever go through periods of time when you get hooked on a specific food?

Yep. A couple of years ago it was cottage cheese with whole-berry cranberry sauce. I had it for lunch almost every day for several months.

4.     What's the best stuffing for a turkey?

I like just putting in some onions, carrots and celery. I like my dressing cooked separately.

5.     When you were a child, were you ever in a Thanksgiving play, pageant, mock pilgrim dinner, or anything different to celebrate?

No, but it sounds like it would be fun!

Thanks Patrice for these fun questions!

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like your day will be yummy! Happy Thanksgiving-enjoy:@)

Lin said...

I like the family time and the food too!! YUM...Pumpkin pie!

TexWisGirl said...

hmmm. your lunch sounded...interesting. but i love whole cranberry sauce. :)

enjoy your day, dear one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving from South Dakota, Miss Candy and Jerry!

J and I are headed to Motorcycle City for turkey dinner with his extended family.

My periods of "hooked on a food" are long lasting. My coffee/cappuccino mix and homemade ice cream make my day complete.

My Mom makes the best dressing. Her dressing is from scratch, very moist and eggy. She is required to make it every year for the Church Bazaar.

Michaele said...

Um...I am on a cottage chose kick right now. Glad to know ya : )

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

This was fun reading.
It is always nice to talk about holidays, traditions and randomness...in a get to know you kind of way. Sort of like chatting with a stranger in the grocery store line!
LOL... have a blessed Thanksgiving. Pat

Maggid said...

What fun! Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Debi said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Michelle said...

I love cottage cheese. I can eat it all the time. Happy Thanksgiving.

Lynn said...

yum cottage cheese, we can't get it here not like at home that is, Happy Thanksgiving!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Fun! I am still experimenting with new stuffing recipes. This year it's Rachel Ray's recipe.

Tanya Breese said...

i get stuck on a food too! i like cottage cheese with pineapple, or peaches, or mandarin oranges...i'll have to it with cranberries! have a happy thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy Thanksgiving! ¤

Patrice said...

Now I'm hungry for cottage cheese and whole berry cranberry sauce!

Unknown said...

Sleeping in my own bed and sleeping in.

Indian pudding!

Not too much

Mine:) Bread chunks, lots of celery, onions and tons of fresh sage. I bake mine out of the bird.

We dressed up like pilgrims in school, fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I must say, holiday foods are different for me now that I've become a vegetarian. The stuffing, though, is still my favorite!

A Colorful World said...

I like my dressing cooked separate too...we had some really good food! Just no Russell!!!! I'll explain when I can. It's been a terrible ordeal! Anyway, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy,

You've been quiet for quite a while. Wishing you and Jerry a Merry Christmas and I hope this finds everything well.

Paula