Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Friday's Hunt 2/12/2016

I'm joining Teresa at Eden Hills for Friday's Hunt again this week; albeit a little late! What a week and it's not over yet. I'm off for a ride on my horse after this.

Our prompts this week are Starts with G, In My Kitchen, and Week's Favorite.


Well, what did you expect for Starts with G?!?  LOL!!  That's young Remy on the upper left, Daphne on the lower left and Jeanette playing king of the feed pan on the right. I do love my goaties. :)


I haven't had much time to spend In My Kitchen this week but I thought I would share my favorite set of vintage Pyrex mixing bowls. The yellow one is not true to the set, it is newer, but the other three are from the 1940s. I bought these in Bakersfield way back in the mid-1980s and I love, love, love them and use them quite often!


For Week's Favorite I have a shot of a male Pyrrhuloxia that I got this morning. He was sitting in the top of a tree in the backyard singing his little heart out when I was coming in from hanging out laundry and was nice enough to stay while I hurried inside to get my camera. They are also known as a desert cardinal.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Ah, the simple joys!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that I have never heard of that bird, but it does look like a cardinal. Guess I did well to recognize that. That is a great bowl set. I really wish I had something like that. The goats are cute! I'm glad mine aren't the only ones that like to stand on their food bowls. Of course, mine are trying to keep their hooves out of the snow right now. Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Awwww...I Love everything...the goats, the pyrex (which I also have, although not as many anymore) and the Cardinal!...:)JP

Nancy In Boise said...

I LOVE Remy's face! What a sweet expression :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet goat faces, colorful tower of Pyrex, I've never heard of a desert cardinal--thanks for sharing!

brokenteepee said...

I had that Pyrex set but I gave it to my sister in law before I took off in the trailer. Of course I love the goats - they are the cutest.

Kristiina said...

What a lovely collection of photos you have published. Goat are cute, your bird is so colorful nad you bowls are historic.

R. Täysin arkista

Susan said...

Oh, those bowls sure made me nostalgic! My mother had some and we would use them as kids. Wish she still did, because I'd steal them! Your goats are lovely! And - is that sun??? Wasn't sure, as I haven't seen it in a long, long time. :)