1. The sky looked like it was on fire Wednesday evening as the sun was setting.
2. Tomorrow is the Earth Day celebration at the Bisbee Farmer's Market where I set up and sell my baked goods.
3. There will be a petting zoo, solar cooking demo, live music and lots of vendors. There will also be a May Pole, procession of the animals, drumming and belly dancing.
4. Cochise County is a pretty conservative ranching and farming area with the largest employer being Fort Huachuca, home of the U.S. Army Intelligence Center...and then there is Bisbee, an old copper mining town down near the border with Mexico that was reborn as an artist colony in the early 1970s.
5. The residents of Bisbee are a little more colorful and liberal than most of the other folks in Cochise County but they are genuine, friendly and welcoming. I could live there very easily (must be the old hippie coming out in me)...Jerry, not so much. ;)
Linking up with Nancy for Random 5 Friday.