Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Buttermilk Biscuits

Mmmm... buttermilk biscuits made with my Baking Mix!

2 cups Baking Mix
4 tablespoons cold butter cut into little cubes
1 cup buttermilk (made from the goat milk the other day)



Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place baking mix in a bowl; cut butter into baking mix, I use my fingers, one less thing to wash!


Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk all at once.



Stir together until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Dust the top with additional flour. Knead gently 8-10 times.



Pat dough to about 1/2-inch thickness and cut out biscuits.



Gently push the dough back together and keep cutting out biscuits until all the dough has been used. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.



Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.



Serve hot with butter.



Mmmmm.....



3 comments:

cmccaffery said...

YUM!

Jen said...

Hey Candy... I had a crockpot of pear butter goin and see this post and new I had to make and try these biscuits today... Oooo my goodness I love them! The whole family loved them, this is a keeper recipe in my kitchen. Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

ps. Look how excited I am over this recipe... I misspelled a few words in the comment above, lol