Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Farmers Market

Yesterday was the Farmers Market in St. David. It is every Saturday from 9 a.m to noon, May through October. It is still kind of early in the year for much of the summer produce but we have several vendors who have worked hard to have spinach, lettuce, chard, kale, radishes, etc. until the summer produce really starts to kick in. One of the ladies has a greenhouse (I'm SOOO jealous!) and she has even had some cucumbers and zucchini already! I have greens, eggs, goat cheese, my Gourmet Baking Mixes and Seasoning Blends, hand lotion and one African violet left! Oh yeah, I also have my little chicken pinkeeps, they have been pretty popular!

 

I have started carrying pinto beans that are grown over near Willcox too. Last year, a couple of the vendors were carrying them but they have moved on to a different Farmers Market. I took five one-pound bags yesterday and sold them all! They really are the best pinto beans I have ever eaten, must be because they are fresh. I will have to do an update later in the summer when I have tomatoes, squash, eggplant, etc. Gives the table a whole different look! 

No comments: