1. Only one of my gladioluses (gladioli?) bloomed this year. It may have been because we dug them up and transplanted them too late. This one was missed when we were digging the others up.
2. We have finally started getting some of our summer monsoon rains and it has sure helped with the record-breaking heat.
3. All the rain has brought humidity though. I just don't know how ya'll back east deal with it! I'll take our typical Arizona 'dry heat' any time!
4. We lost Barn Kitty this past week. We found him half under the rosemary bushes that run along the front porch. We suspect he ate a Sonoran Desert toad as there weren't any obvious signs of trauma. The toads are out in force with the rain and we hear their songs all night long. Barn Kitty was such a feral cat that we didn't realize just how big he was until we pulled him out of there.
5. I have been really, really busy with my baking for the Farmer's Market these past few weeks and haven't had much time for blogging. I sure appreciate the emails and comments checking in on me, thanks! :)
I need to make more of an effort to keep up with my blogging as it is my only social outlet Monday through Friday and I have missed you all!
Linking up with Nancy for Random 5 Friday.