Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies


What is your favorite cookie? Chocolate chip? Peanut butter? Oatmeal? Why not just combine them all in one cookie! :)

We were out of cookies the other day (gasp!) and I was bored with the same old, same old. I remembered a peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips that I had years ago and decided to peruse the internet to see if I could recreate it. Well, DUH, you can find ANYTHING on the internet! LOL!! This recipe is a compilation of several that I looked at and uses my Baking Mix and basic cookie recipe.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter               **Click here to print this recipe**
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups Baking Mix
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the Baking Mix and oats; mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Linking up with the Down Home Blog Hop, the Rurality Blog Hop and Farmgirl Friday.

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, good golly, they sound good!

Michelle said...

I will be making these. They sound yummy.

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I'm going to make them too Michelle. Candy these look and sound delicious!

Michaele said...

You are so clever. Thanks for a good idea how I can use up a couple of boxes of baking mix.

Lynn said...

Sounds great and the oatmeal makes them healthy! I'll have two please:@)

carol l mckenna said...

More snow tomorrow in New England ~ your cookies would be perfect ~ want to send some over ~ ^_^
Enjoy ~ they sound delish!

thanks, carol and artmusedog
www.acreativeharbor.com

Lin said...

I like oatmeal with craisins. Can you make me some, please?

Judy said...

Those look so YUMMY!!!! I'm printing out the recipe now.

Nancy said...

I can almost smell them from here! Yummy.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

YUM! These look and sound awesome...:)JP

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You are speakin' my language! Yum!

Mama Pea said...

Those. Look. Wonderful! I'm sending you an empty shipping box so it will be less trouble for you to send me some. ;o}

Maggid said...

Yum!!!!!

Willow said...

Perfect ( topretend) to make for hubby ( but really for me) for Valentines Day ~
Thanks for the delicious tip :))

Anonymous said...

Delicious sweet cookies.
Happy Valentine Day!!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Oh my goodness, these look scrumptious! What pretty cookies. I think I could down a couple of these no problem haha :)

daisy g said...

You had me at chocolate chip!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I've been on a real cookie kick lately (trying to be in a sugar stupor until spring). These look wonderful.

A Colorful World said...

Oh, these look like they would be out of this world good!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Yum! I would love about a dozen with my morning coffee!!!