Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Monday, February 3, 2014

Quilt-A-Long


I'm excited to be joining Melissa at Tilly's Nest in my first ever Quilt-A-Long! Here are the fabrics I picked up today for my quilt top. We are making a chicken applique lap quilt. This is good for me because it won't be so big that I get intimidated about getting it finished. The first five fabrics are for my blocks and chicken appliques, the fabric on the right is for the borders.

I have pieced quilt tops before but have never actually quilted, I have always finished my projects by tying, so this is new for me.

I'm a little late to the party but figure I can catch up easily enough. You can join in too here! My fabrics are in the washing machine and I hope to get everything cut out tomorrow. I hope ya'll don't get too sick of seeing my updates! ;)  

21 comments:

Lynda said...

Whenever I see yellow and blues together I think of Monet...his kitchen was/is yellow and blue: beautiful!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Great color choices!...:)JP

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh LOVE the colours and I am excited for you. I have only ever tied a quilt too. Looking forward to see the process. Hug B

TexWisGirl said...

really great color combinations!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I really like the color choices!

Lynn said...

Great fabrics, I look forward to seeing the chicken:@)

Judy said...

I love the colors you picked. I'll have to check out your link.

Lin said...

Machine quilting???

I look forward to the completed project. I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Candy,
Your fabric is so pretty! Looking forward to your Quilt-A-Long progress reports.

Mama Pea said...

LOVE your fabric choices! Looks so spring-like. Do, please, keep us all updated as you go along. There's nothing like quilting show-and-tell to keep other quilters inspired. Fun, fun, fun!

Tanya Breese said...

the fabrics are so cheery! can't wait to see the finished project! hurry now!!

Sharon said...

I love the fabrics you've chosen!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm afraid that learning to quilt (for me anyway), will not be this year. Some day....some day....

Nancy said...

Love the cheery colors you chose -- perfect for spring! :)

Michaele said...

Yay! Keep us posted with your progress.

Susan said...

Oh, I LOVE the colors! So perfectly chickeny! You will not bore us at all - bring on the photos!!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

How fun! Those fabrics are really pretty so I can't wait to see your progress! And of course I love that it will include chickens haha :)

Evelyn S. said...

I LOVE those fabrics! Wonderful colors...will like seeing chickens one day!

Ida said...

You chose some wonderful colors of fabric, so cheery. Will look forward to seeing the finished product.

A Colorful World said...

LOVE the fabrics! What fun.

Tilly's Nest said...

Love that you are joining us!