Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby Goat Boys

Madeline had triplets this year, all boys! She rejected one and I had to bottle feed him; I named him Oliver (the orphan). What a character he is, follows us everywhere, even into the henhouse! This is the first time I have ever had to bottle feed a baby and I don't want to ever do it again! It wasn't the schedule, it was the fact that I became nothing but a giant bottle to him! LOL!!
Oliver
The boys are 11 weeks old now and I have had the other two, Ziggy and Xander, separated from mom for about two weeks.
Ziggy











Xander
We like to let the goats out of their pens so that they can run around the back of the property and well, just be goats! Yesterday, I let the baby goat boys out to play and left the big girls in. When Jerry went down to clean up around the barn, the big girls got out and Ziggy and Xander immediately ran to their mom, Madeline, and started nursing! She was about two quarts low this morning! LOL!! 

The boys playing "King of the Hill!"

 

Oliver enjoying his favorite activity!


No comments: