Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Farmgirl Fashion - Tops

I get SOOO tired of wearing T-shirts all the time! Last year, I bought several cute sleeveless T-shirts at Wal-Mart and within a couple of wearings (like two!) they got holes in them! I realize they weren't very expensive but it was still annoying. This year, I decided to make some tops rather than spend $25 and up for them at the western wear store. I think they turned out pretty nice, no-one has said "Cute top, did you make it?" which I DON'T want to hear! LOL!! The dark brown one is a linen blend that I got on sale at Joann's, I love linen! The green one is actually made from a sheet! ;-)



 



One of my girlfriends even had me make her a couple of tops. Jerry decided my sewing skills were okay so he had me make him a couple of work shirts! The denim one is pretty heavy but he got to wear it a couple of times before it got too hot. My sewing machine has been getting a real workout this spring! 

10 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

Very nice Candy!!!

cmccaffery said...

nice work!

Candy C. said...

Thanks ladies for the kind words!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Love the shirts and tops.

Candy C. said...

Thanks Kristina!

Anonymous said...

I got a used sewing machine after mine died last year. You inspired me! I am so sick of cheaply made, over priced casual tops, I thought, hey I can do better than this!

Candy C. said...

littlehenhouseinthebigcity,

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you found a little inspiration!

Unknown said...

Yes, my new pattern is cut out, machine on the way- 2 in a row died, couldn't be fixed, no more used or me, I got a new one!

Candy C. said...

Nancy,

Ooohh, a NEW machine! I'm sooo jealous! :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful sewing!
My skills stop after curtains and pillows.