Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Friday, February 24, 2012

Cheesecake...Mmmm


Jerry's mom makes The.Best.Cheesecake.EVER!! We are taking her to the rodeo today so she is staying with us for the weekend and she brought us a cheesecake to enjoy! What a nice mother-in-law, huh?!? :)
I really like this recipe because it is very easy, rich and creamy, and turns out beautifully every time!

Harriet's Cheesecake

2 cups graham cracker crumbs          **Click here to print this recipe**
1/2 cup butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
16 ounces sour cream
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and halfway up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix well with an electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven undisturbed for two hours.
Refrigerate overnight.
Top with desired topping and enjoy!!

Linking up with the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop hosted by Deb at Deborah Jean's Dandelion House and Heidi at My Simple Country Living.

23 comments:

Jen said...

Oooo My. Love cheesecake, looks so good. My husband makes the best cheesecake at my house, I think I'm gonna have to get him to make one soon. I'll see if your mother in laws & his are the same recipes :)

Robyn said...

What a fun treat from Harriet! Baked Cheesecake is a favorite of mine too!

Have a great time at the rodeo.

LindaG said...

Bookmarked. Thanks for this! :)

SweetLand Farm said...

I love cheese cake! Now I need to make some! Thanks!

Farmgirl Heidi said...

I LOVE cheesecake. Harriet's recipe looks great too, there aren't any mystery ingredients. Thank you for sharing this recipe Candy. Have a great weekend.

aka Jules said...

that looks sooo delicious. I can almost taste it melting in my mouth!! I hope the rodeo was fun!!

rugosarosefarm said...

oooooh! That looks so good!

cmccaffery said...

oh I have to try this recipe! Looks yummy!!

Candy C. said...

Jennifer,
Cheesecake is ALWAYS better if someone else makes it! ;-)

Robyn,
We had a great time and it was HOT in February! LOL!!

LindaG,
Hope you get to try it! :)

SweetLand Farm,
Enjoy your cheesecake!

Candy C. said...

Heidi,
You have a great weekend too and don't work your hubby too hard!

aka Jules,
The rodeo was a blast, as always! :)

rugosarosefarm,
Thanks, it really is! YUM!!

Connie,
Hope you get a chance to try it!

Rose said...

Mmmm... love cheesecake and your recipe looks simple and delicious!

homegrown countrygirl said...

Great looking cheesecake and I loved the rodeo posts... your pictures are fantastic!

Candy C. said...

Rose,
I love this recipe because it is so simple and so, so good!

homegrown countrygirl,
Thank you very much! :)

Teresa said...

Let it sit overnight. Who could ever resist something that looks that delicious until the next day?

Ngo Family Farm said...

Yum, yum, drool, drool! :)
-Jaime

Nancy said...

Oh, I haven't had cheesecake in ages and this one looks awesome, Candy! I'll keep this recipe in mind when I venture back to the grocery store. :)

Candy C. said...

Teresa,
It can be a bit of a challenge but it is worth the wait! :)

Jaime,
Thanks! LOL!!

Nancy,
Going to town is never a fun proposition around here, I'd much rather stay "down on the farm!"

Kateri said...

That looks very similar to my cheese cake recipe. I love maing cheese cake because it is super simple to make and most people don't realize that--that think it is complicated and takes a lot of effort, so they are impressed when you serve home made cheese cake! :)

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Cheesecane AND the rodeo?

Divine!
:)

Candy C. said...

Kateri,
Shhh...don't let everyone in on the secret! LOL!!

Mimi,
It was a perfect combo! :)

Evelyn S. said...

At Christmas, I made my first cheesecake in years, and it turned out beautifully! I was so inspired that I bought a cheesecake recipe book, but haven't tried a new one yet. This photo is delicious-looking, and I'll bet the cheesecake tasted just as wonderful as it looks.

Candy C. said...

Evelyn,
Congrats on getting back into cheesecake baking and a whole cookbook devoted to cheesecake would be fun! :)

Anne Payne said...

That looks so good, I don't think I could wait over night!