Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Farmer's Market 9/3/2011

I finally remembered to take some updated pictures of my table at the Farmer's Market now that I am able to sell my bread.


The garden is actually starting to wind down so I don't have quite as much produce as I did for awhile. I had to buy a second table to be able to put out all the bread and the produce, the produce table is on the right.



Instead of pricing each individual item, I do my "Menu/Price List." I saw someone else do this once at a market and blatantly stole the idea! :)


Here is a closer view of some of the rolls and Artisan breads.



I took 37 items and sold all but 5. I prefer to sell out but I'm still re-establishing my customer base and, this way, we will have some bread for the week! ;) Baking is my passion and one of the reasons I like to do this is the warm fuzzies it gives me when people come back and tell me how much they enjoy my bread! It certainly isn't because I'm getting rich! LOL!! I also sold almost all of the produce! YAY!! Only had a few Tatume Mexican squash left over. They became Calabacitas Casserole served with some homemade tamales. I will update the Calabacitas Casserole recipe tomorrow.  

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, those breads!!!! dang it!

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!!

simplicityinthemaking said...

Hi Candy and thank-you for visiting me this week. I am envious of you and you farmers market stand. This is something I have wanted to do a very long time. I am on a dairy cow/sheep farm,and love to bake and sew. I like your recipe for pear/apple pie as well. I have pears coming out of every corner of the kitchen right now.

dr momi said...

Wow! Your bread looks great! I'll be looking for the Calabacitas Casserole tomorrow :-)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Look at all that bread! If you were closer, I'd buy it all up. I have no time to bake any right now. Yum!

Candy C. said...

Thanks to all for your visits and comments! The baking starts again tomorrow! :)

Unknown said...

Good looking menu!