Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Farmer's Market 9/24/2011


Yesterday was my first day at the Sierra Vista Saturday Farmer's Market. It is in a very nice setting at a church with grass and trees. There was a lady there playing guitar and singing blues for tips and she was GREAT!! This was the same weekend as the Cochise County Fair and a couple of other events so there were a few vendors missing. Some of the regulars told me that the customers were pretty light compared to normal too. I took 46 bread items, a couple of quart jars of 9-bean mix and a fair amount of summer squash (can't believe it's still producing!). I sold all my bread (YAY!!) one of the jars of beans and most of the squash!! I felt it was a very good first day indeed! I had a couple of customers tell me how much they have missed me in Sierra Vista, I used to sell at the Thursday market a couple of years ago, so that was pretty cool! I'm looking forward to next Saturday already! Now, if I can just remember to take my stinkin' banner!! LOL!!

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

well, as i always tell you, i'd have bought several loaves of your bread - one for now, one in the fridge, one in the freezer... :)

Candy C. said...

Thanks TWG!! :)

Anonymous said...

your table looks great! It's neat that you sold all of your bread. :)

Amy Dingmann said...

Congrats on such a great day at the farmers market! No wonder you sold out of bread - everything looks so good!

Candy C. said...

Mooberry Farmwife,
It's my goal to sell all of the bread each week, when you are dealing with a perishable commodity that is always a GOOD thing!:)

MamaTea,
Thanks! I try to make the table look as appealing as possible!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

If you sold 46 loaves of bread, that is a very good day.

Candy C. said...

Kristina,
Yep, I was a HAPPY girl! :)

homegrown countrygirl said...

Just making 46 loaves of bread is a quite a feat... making AND selling all 46...? You might have to open a bakery/squash shop one of these days!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

That is great and what a neat compliment. Sounds like you are getting a good following of bread lovers.

Candy C. said...

homegrown countrygirl,
I figure I already have a bakery, "The Home Bakery"! :) AND I can bake in my jammies! LOL!!

Kathleen,
The only thing I like better than baking the bread is having people tell me how much they like it! ;)

Susan said...

46 bread items? Do you just stay up for three days before a market and bake? It all looks so delicious!

Candy C. said...

Susan,
I actually bake Monday through Thursday and as soon as the bread has cooled, it goes into it's bag and into the freezer. I get everything out the afternoon before the market so that it can thaw and stick labels on the morning of the market. One nice thing about bread is that it freezes beautifully!

I guess I should qualify...I didn't bake 46 loaves of bread. Ten were single sandwich loaves and the other 36 items were small (sharing) loaves, artisan breads and packages of rolls. I get two items out of each batch with the smaller loaves, artisan breads and the rolls.