Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Daphne - Thankful Thursday


We went yesterday and picked up my new little Alpine doe, Daphne. She is just about the sweetest little goat I have ever seen and I love her to pieces already!!


She bonded with me before we even left the farm where we bought her. I'm sure she will become more independent as she gets used to being here but, for now, I'm enjoying having a "Velcro" goat whenever I go down to the pasture! :)


I put BW in with her in the smaller pen yesterday and last night so that she would have some company. I must say, I'm surprised how small she is compared to BW. She is two months old and BW is just over three weeks old and he is almost as tall as her! Maybe I have freakishly large Alpine goats or something. The lady we got her from has quite a few well-papered Alpines but none of them are as large as mine. My older doe, Nike, is a registered Alpine too and her daughter, Madeline, is purebred but not registered. I would estimate my does outweigh hers by at least 30 pounds and stand a good 6 inches taller! I wish I had taken my camera, the buck was really nice and he was HUGE!!


Of course, Daphne enjoyed climbing on the stairs. All the goats LOVE playing on them, even the older does!


Just look at that face, what a sweetie! Now, I just have to wait for two years to see if she is going to be a good milker! I have high hopes, she is already 200% friendlier than Abigail was at the same age. I am thankful today for my hubby indulging my love of goats and for my sweet baby Daphne! :)
Linking up with Nancy and Lisa for Rural Thursday.

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

she's so cute. i like that - 'velcro goat' :)

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! Glad she's friendly, and I hope she works out as a milking doe.

Susan said...

Oh, that is MUCH better! She looks sooooo sweet!

Alica said...

Oh my goodness...she is so cute! I just want to scratch those ears!

Michaele said...

She really does have a sweet face. I have never raised Alpines. She will be fun to watch.

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

Daphne is a real sweetie!!

TxFarmhouse said...

She just looks sweet. She has a precious face.

LindaG said...

Congratulations and good luck! ♥

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

She's so pretty! I love her markings.

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie! I want one!

Jen said...

Awww... shes so sweet, very pretty girl.

Ngo Family Farm said...

She really does look sweet as can be! Maybe having a cute little goat velcroed to you for awhile is just what you need after that rough patch. She found herself a good home with you, this one :)
-Jaime

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh, she's cute- congratulations!

Nancy said...

Must be fun to have a sweet baby following you around the farmyard. She's a beauty. :)

A Colorful World said...

Oh, I am SO glad you got Daphne! She is adorable! I think it is so sweet that she is so bonded to you, like a second Mommy. I bet she will be a great milk goat! I can't wait to follow her growth in the blog posts in the next few years!

SweetLand Farm said...

cute, cute, cuteness!! gotta love a kid!

Kateri said...

She is so cute!