Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Green Chile Cheddar Beer Bread


I haven't posted a recipe using my Baking Mix in awhile. The Baking Mix is so versatile, you can use it for everything from Monster Cookies (my new favorite cookie!) to Buttermilk Biscuits to a Cobbler Topping  to Cheesy Biscuit Sticks and don't miss the quick and easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake! If you do a "search" for Baking Mix at the top of the blog you will find even more recipes. :)

I love making beer breads, they go together very quickly and you can get a wonderful loaf of homemade bread on the table in under an hour. I use a light tasting beer when I make beer breads, I don't want the flavor of the beer to be too overpowering. You can also use unflavored seltzer water if you don't want to use beer. I baked it in my favorite 2-quart casserole dish this time for a different presentation.

Green Chile Cheddar Beer Bread

3 cups Baking Mix
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped green chiles
12 ounces beer
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan or a 2-quart casserole dish. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, stir in cheese. Add beer, egg and green chiles; beat vigorously. The batter will be "shaggy." Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan; cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.


Linking up with Heidi for The Country Homemaker Hop. Head on over and check out her cute new hen house and see what all the other Country Homemakers are up to! :)

13 comments:

Susan said...

I would almost be willing to suffer for this bread....

LindaG said...

Bookmarked to use in the future. :o)

Michelle said...

I just finished my batch of your baking mix the other day. Now I am going to have to make more so I can try this. If you haven't tried Candy's baking mix. Your missing out on a really good mix.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'll have to write this one down later!

Candy C. said...

Thanks for the kind words Michelle!! :)

Unknown said...

Your baking mix is great, will try that!

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy!

Jen said...

Looks good to me. I'll have to make this one day

Nancy said...

Oh, this looks amazingly delicious, Candy. And I really like that casserole dish! :)

A Colorful World said...

This looks scrumptious! I have to try your baking mix, and this recipe! I am set to make Irish Soda Bread today! Don't have to p/u Grandson so I'm home all day. :-)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You always have great recipes. We continue to keep your dry mix on hand for baking muffins.

Kateri said...

That does look super good...I'm eating wheat right now, but this looks so tempting!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.
HTTP://www.CoolMobilePhone.net