Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Buttermilk Cornmeal Waffles

I just love playing around in the kitchen! :) I have been wanting to make some dinner-type waffles for awhile now but just haven't done it. This morning, I had a little bit of buttermilk to use up and decided to try something different. I think these would be REALLY good topped with creamed chicken, or chili, or pinto beans, or beef stew, or, or, or....! This recipe only made three 7-inch waffles so feel free to double it if needed.




1 cup Baking Mix
1/3 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1 tablespoon butter, melted





In a large bowl, combine Baking Mix, cornmeal and sugar. In a smaller bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and butter; add to dry ingredients and stir until just blended. I like my waffle batter kinda thick but you can add a little more buttermilk if you like it thinner.








Preheat waffle iron per manufacturer's directions. Pour on batter and cook until desired doneness.












Since it was only 8:30 in the morning, I had mine with butter and maple syrup! :)

No comments: