Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Farmers Market Part Two

We have gotten over 5 1/2 inches of rain since July 4th here at the Lazy J Bar C! That is more rain right here than we got all last summer! We are finally getting some serious produce from the garden and I was real happy with the selection I was able to display yesterday at the Farmers Market.







Swiss chard, Bennings green tint pattypan squash and Ronde de Nice French heirloom zucchini.











Clairmore zucchini, yellow crookneck squash and Tatume Mexican heirloom squash. I also have some locally grown pinto beans and 9-bean mix for sale.









Rosa Bianca and Listada de Gandia Italian heirloom eggplant. Also, my seasoning blends and baking mixes.










Here is Jerry's mom, Harriet, helping out at the information table! :)












As you can imagine, this is a very popular spot for the kids!











Juana's tamales are very good! She almost always sells out! My favorite are the green corn. :)








The table on the left is the Holy Trinity Monastery, they sell baked goods. The table on the right is my friend, Sheila, she has the most AMAZING produce every year!







Finally, we have Mr. Busby with his local honey, honey products and nuts. He also brought some great cantaloupe this week, see them sitting on the crate on the right? There were about 10 more vendors, we aren't a very big Farmers Market but we seem have a nice variety of items! :)

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so THAT'S where our rain went! good for you!

dr momi said...

Ahhh....so what I thought was a mixed seed that we planted last year and called a "pumpkinni" really was a zucchini! Good to know...I'll plant the rest of the seed next year. .... what you learn reading blogs :-)

Candy C. said...

TW Girl,

I didn't want to mention it TOO much because I know how dry ya'll are out in Texas and Oklahoma! Glad you finally got SOME rain!

Candy C. said...

Dr. Momi,

Glad I was able to help identify a "mystery" squash! LOL!! I have learned a LOT from your blog! :)