Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Monday, July 11, 2011

Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer

Jerry's mom (and her little dog too!) finally got moved back to Arizona from Florida and she is staying with us for awhile. She likes those flavored coffee creamers in her coffee. I got to looking online to see if we could make our own and found some great recipes here: Homemade Coffee Creamer. I made the French Vanilla last night with some minor variations so I could use what I had on hand.

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

2 cups Half and Half (or one cup whole milk and one cup heavy cream)
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

I just mixed everything together, put it back in the Half and Half container and then shake it a bit before pouring it in the coffee. I tried some this morning in a cup of coffee and it sure was yummy!! :) I REALLY like the fact that it doesn't have all that "weird/fake" stuff that the commercial creamers are made with!

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

(i like the little dog reference!) ha!

Candy C. said...

I really love my mother-in-law and her little dog is very sweet! He has bonded with me! :)

Anonymous said...

I have made this with powdered milk or non-dairy creamer as well...

Dusky Beauty said...

You have one of the most useful blogs I've come across Candy, thanks for yet another gem :) Coffee creamer rules my life and I was wondering how I could make it. Thanks a bunch!

Candy C. said...

Thanks for stopping by Jen! I know what you mean about coffee creamer, I had actually stopped using it a couple of years ago because of the ingredients. I sure am enjoying this French Vanilla! :)

Dusky Beauty said...

Ok, tried it out. It doesn't seem as sweet as the flavored coffee mates, do you put in sugar or sweetener separately when you serve your cup?

Candy C. said...

Jen,

Yes, I do put sugar in when I use this but not as much as usual. I actually add sugar to the flavored Coffee-Mates too! :) I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Great recipes...thank you! Hubby and I love coffee, so this will be a great addition. I think I will use our coconut milk instead of the 1/2 and 1/2....yum! Hugs!

Candy C. said...

Pam,
Thanks for stopping by! I'll bet the coconut milk will be yummy!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

oh wow...fabulous! I stopped using store bought flavored creamer because of the "stuff" that's in it...gross. Your creamer is a great idea, thanks.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I've recently made some homemade vanilla coffee creamer...very rich, but as I'm the only one to use it; it lasted a long time--because I don't use that much! In fact, using the creamer caused me to back off the sugar! So it was doubly good! Pat

PS- I linked this post along with some of your other recipes to my post today. I'm enjoying those seasonings so much!