Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Custard

My internet was down ALL DAY yesterday! GRRR!

Here is the recipe for the Pumpkin Custard that I made the other day. It was so quick and easy to put together on a busy day! Jerry wasn't too keen on it, said it tasted like bread pudding to him. He likes his puddings, cobblers, pies, etc. cold rather than warm too. Harriet and I both enjoyed it though! I didn't put any whipped cream on it but that would have been divine! I even liked it cold from the refrigerator the next day! :)

2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a whisk to blend all ingredients well. Pour into a well-buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

I sprinkled a little brown sugar over the top when there was about 10 minutes left to give it that creme brulee look! ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fabulous, Candy. We love pumpkin...as soon as I get a chance to cook one up I will try this. Thanks!

Susan said...

That sounds so delicious! I have always used a recipe that calls for baking the custard inside a pumpkin - which, of course, is great. But this would be a whole lot easier! Glad your internet is back!

Candy C. said...

Mooberry Farmwife,
I love everything pumpkin too! This was surprisingly easy and very tasty!

Susan,
Baking in the pumpkin would be pretty cool though!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am trying to decide what to bake with my puree today. Looks yummy.

larkspur funny farm said...

Will be making this one this week. Thanks for sharing.

Candy C. said...

Grace,
This recipe should be perfect with your snowy, cold weather! :)

cmccaffery said...

this looks great! I'm going to make this

Candy C. said...

Connie,
Hope you like it as much as I did! :)