Lazy J Bar C

Lazy J Bar C

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Last week, I attempted to make some Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. The recipe came from Annie's Eats. Of course, I made some changes! LOL!! I used my Baking Mix and I used some chevre made from the goat's milk. The muffins themselves were REALLY good but the cream cheese filling kinda melted away, maybe because I used my homemade chevre.


I dearly love anything pumpkin so I was determined to try again. This time, I just made plain muffins and sprinkled a little brown sugar and chopped walnuts on the tops. Next time, I think I will put 1/2 cup chopped nuts in the batter and make a simple cream cheese frosting for them. These are very spicy, just the way I like them! :) If you don't want them quite as spicy, just use the pumpkin pie spice.

2 cups Baking Mix
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combing baking mix, sugar and spices. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, milk and eggs. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter between 18 greased muffin tins or use paper liners (I made jumbo muffins). Sprinkle tops with a little brown sugar and chopped walnuts; press the topping lightly into the muffins.


Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until muffins test done. Let cool slightly, then remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.


11 comments:

dr momi said...

You've been busy! I'll have to try your baking mix.....

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious, Candy!! I will have to give your baking mix a try. :) YUM

Candy C. said...

dr momi and Mooberry Farmwife,
I hope ya'll get a chance to try the Baking Mix, it is SOOO versatile! If you click on the "Baking Mix" label at the bottom of this post it will bring up all the recipes I have posted so far using it! :)

homegrown countrygirl said...

I'll bet these will be big hitters if you sell them at the farmer's market! They look fantastic!

Candy C. said...

homegrown countrygirl,
Thanks! :)

Teresa said...

These look so good! I really need to make some more chevre.

MARARIA said...

they look delicious Candy, I have a big and beautiful pumpkin waiting to be sacrified for making delicious recipes! with your permision keep this recipe!
Love,
Mararia

Candy C. said...

Teresa,
I love having the chevre and the queso blanco around. With all the goat milk, I have to make a batch of one or the other every week! :)

Candy C. said...

Mararia,
I hope you like the muffins as much as we do! :)

Sunflowers And Honey said...

Another fabulous recipe!! I made these muffins yesterday but with some leftover squash I had from dinner the night before. They were heavenly!!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!!!

Candy C. said...

Sunflowers And Honey,
I'm so glad you liked them, thanks for letting me know!! :)